Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A New Beginning

Heya and Welcome to our blog...

This is something that I had planned to do at the start of the year as part of my NY Resolutions.   I wanted to finally do a blog for a few reasons, the main ones being: to keep a record of my amazing life with my gorgeous kids, to share our memories, the moments that take my breathe away and the triumphs, the highs the lows and in general as a kind of keepsake of the year we had.  Another reason was so our family and friends can keep up with where we are and whats been happening.  Hard task wih people all over the country!  Lol. 

So after a delayed start (its already been a HUGE year and its only just getting started!) we are finally blogging our journey!  Where to begin??

Well....   This year I have been exceptionally positive and looking forward to the new... 
New life, New Chapter, New Me...  That is all well and good, but I need to really focus and wonder, how is all this new going to come about...?   I wrote a list of things that I wanted to acheive and one of them was weight loss and to get fit and healthy.  My start date was Jan 1st.  Seems like a very standard new years resolution right?

I am happy to report, so far so good!  I started the New Year with resolve and determination...  And also enlisted a "friend" on the same wave length and away we went.  We have a reward system set up and have both lost a little so far.  (Christmas Eve I was a shocking 86kg...  My weight today is 81.7... ).  We are doing really well and it is so great to have the support and someone on the same train as myself.  I have found in the past for what ever reason I have had a lot of de-motivators so this is just fantastic!  I really feel I will get there this time!   I even joined up at my new local gym and once Zac goes back to school, will be making a lot of use out of that.  For now; I have TaeBo and Zumba DVD's and they do work up a sweat!!

So in saying all this, I decided to take real control and accountabilty of my self destructive spiral and in doing so made a committment and took a plunge - that's right....  I finally joined Michelle Bridges 12Week Body Transformation.   I signed the dotted line so to speak - just in time to take advantage of the pre-season!
I must say, taking that first step was a little daunting, overwhelming and scary, but that was nothing as opposed to the 2nd Pre-Season task...   All I will say at this point is OMG!  Talk about getting to the roots and soul of it all!   Pre-Season is 4 weeks and kick off is 21st February 2011.  So I am prepared and willing to channel this new adventure!  To finally let go of all the excuses and negative stuff that keeps me on my self destructive path!  I am 100% committed to riding this challenge all the way through to the end!  The after party is in Melbourne this year in May and I cannot wait to reveal the new me!!

Why am I doing this you ask??  Well...  there are several reasons:
1. To finally be Healthy
2. To be Happy with Me and the way  I look and feel.
3. To be a great role model for my boys!

So, here is to me, the 12WBT and all others embarking on a journey of some description...  We will rock it together and acheive our goals!!

Big Love,

Kris.
xo

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your 12wbt journey and congrats on your first blog post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! Have a great day!! x

    ReplyDelete